FTTx Feasibility Studies
Providing a comprehensive investigation of the conditions, factors and risks related to your specific FTTx network proposal. Fiopt Communication Services can audit the serviceable area market, draft the network layout, examine equipment options, estimate construction costs and layout a project timeline, in an effort to help you “put your arms around” your project.
- Enumeration and verification of homes and businesses
- Locating of all buildings and PON equipment
- Field survey of proposed right-of-way
- Audit of existing utilities both aerial and underground
Design & Analysis Work
- Serviceable area market analysis and premise audit
- Enumeration of both residential and business, single-dwelling units (SDUs) and multiple-dwelling units (MDUs)
- Creation of service area boundaries, based on premise audit and serving strategy
- High-level feeder and distribution network layout, including placement of PON equipment
- Creation of detailed budget modeling tool
- Creation of high-level schedule
Fiopt's in depth Feasibility Studies provide clients with a detailed project plan. Some specific examples of the deliverables included in this study are:
Customer Premise Audit
An audit of the proposed network footprint, broken down by service area that provides developers with reliable data for deployment planning as well as the set of information required to connect customers and operate the network.
This high-level network layout, showing service areas, feeder fiber, location of fiber distribution hubs, and distribution fiber, provides clients with a realistic network model as well as reliable data for estimating project costs and timelines.
A detailed budget model that provides a reliable estimate of the total costs associated with design/engineering, permitting and construction.
A projected schedule and timeline highlighting the critical path through the various stages of deployment.
- Fiopt FTTx Services - Feasibility Studies Brochure
Download PDF 604k